Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Smart for 2 Cabrio 2016 Auto, I left the car in Neutral with the lights on- Dead Battery

Recharged battery over night, replaced, The car is still stuck in Neutral and the steering wheel won't unlock, all lights and dashboard fully powered- Tried locking and unlocking doors, cant seem to move gearstick apart from Drive and Neutral -Wont go to Park? Probably due to not being able to unlock steering wheel Mobiliser?

Any Ideas greatly appreciated, we live on a small very remote island and the wife is one of the care nurses,,, Help?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi I have a Smart for 2 Cabrio 2016 Auto, I left the car in Neutral with the lights on- Dead Battery

Recharged battery over night, replaced, The car is still stuck in Neutral and the steering wheel won't unlock, all lights and dashboard fully powered- Tried locking and unlocking doors, cant seem to move gearstick apart from Drive and Neutral -Wont go to Park? Probably due to not being able to unlock steering wheel Mobiliser?

Any Ideas greatly appreciated, we live on a small very remote island and the wife is one of the care nurses,,, Help?
2016 should be a 453. In owners manual, it has a description on how to manually release the selector lever. See this file, page 97 https://www.smartusa.com/resources/downloads/manuals/2016/owners_manual.pdf
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts