Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Passion. I recently went to work and my lanyard got twisted in the steering wheel column. Me, I pulled it out. When I got I after work, my traction control light is now lit up, the steering is off pulls to the right and my blinker switch to make a left turn won’t stay down. Has this happened to anyone? Did I mess up something in the wheel column by pulling my lanyard out? I don’t know what to do. Thanks for any advice or help here.

·
Registered
700 Posts
There is a clock spring in the steering column and some mechanical stops to turn off the directional signals. When you pulled the lanyard out, it sounds like these components got shifted out of place. With the clock spring out of alignment, the yaw sensor signal doesn’t match the steering angle sensor and the car can’t reconcile the difference, hence the traction control indicator.

To fix this, the hardware in the wheel will need to be realigned, then the steering angle sensor and yaw sensor will need recalibration. Sorry to say, this will need to be done with a Mercedes Star Diagnostic.

I hope this helps…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts