Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my dad owns a smart car and him and my mom love to bikeride so i wanted to get them a bike rack for the smart car for christmas and i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them. can you help?? thanks

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There are many quality bike carriers that are generic and will fit a lot of cars. Go to a cycle store and get an idea what will fit on the Smart. I didn't buy one made for my Neon and my brother didn't buy one made for his Focus. They are adjustable.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
The Smart bike rack will be much more expensive than the aftermarket versions, but you will be much happier with it. No chafe marks from the straps, no dangling straps, no chance the bikes will bang up against the car, and no chance the rack will fall off because it was improperly mounted. It will also attach and detach much more quickly than the universal fit units.

·
Registered
39 Posts
smart rack

I would also assume if you have the rack installed at the dealership it will carry the same warranty as the car. i would check to make sure. you could always go to the dealership and get a gift certificate to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
... chrome strip
Called the basic rack. Its where the bike wheels go. You can get it with holds for one bike or two. You can see the black wheel blocks on it. And it has lights for when your bikes block your stop lights.

Basic rack.
The ideal and safe platform for various rack systems (i.e. bicycle rack, snowboard rack). The rear window can be opened even when the rack is loaded. (photo: Basic rack plus bicycle rack; both available separately, bikes not included.) "

http://www.thesmart.ca/index.cfm?id=6861

·
Registered
178 Posts
ooops just answered my own question - apparently the Canadian version has a chrome "option" which includes front grill, mirror caps and strip on the trunk. Didn't see that option on the US version.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
ooops just answered my own question - apparently the Canadian version has a chrome "option" which includes front grill, mirror caps and strip on the trunk. Didn't see that option on the US version.
The chrome accessories are a dealer installed option. And not the same as the basic rack and the bike rack.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I didn't notice it as an option on the US version either. Maybe that will be an option later on that can be added to your car after you have bought it. I agree, I really like the chrome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts