Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am installing a diesel motor in a 450 and I bought new motor mount. I thought they were for diesel but they're not fitting right, thinking one of the is for a gas motor. Does anyone know how to tell them apart and what I can see or measure to know if these are the right ones? Any help is appriciated. Thanks Dan T.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, now I'm confused. If these illustration are true I definitely have diesel mounts. But, every advertisement I have seen shows something similar to the diesel mounts for the gas motor as well. I was under the impression that they were very similar with only a few minor dimensional differences. Thoughts? Thanks Dan T.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
OK, now I'm confused. If these illustration are true I definitely have diesel mounts. But, every advertisement I have seen shows something similar to the diesel mounts for the gas motor as well. I was under the impression that they were very similar with only a few minor dimensional differences. Thoughts? Thanks Dan T.
I would assume the illustration are true since they came from the Mercedes parts catalog. I suggest you go to ebay motors and search parts and accessories for "smart fortwo engine mount" and look at the photos of the parts listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts