Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best HID kit other then smart madness which are way over priced? is their a bigger size tire that can fit on stock rims? would it be better to do all same size?, what would you recommend for making my car better and corning and handling? where can i shop for stuff like this? im new to this im just trying to change the things i dont like about smart car

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
We have the same size tires and wheels on all four corners of our 2009 smart. It proved the handling of car on corners and in wind. We used stock rear wheels all around and purchased Kumho tires on line from Tire Rack, tire rack.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
same here. purchased two rear stock rims and tires and put them in the front. Now they are all the same. Handles better and I feel better. Conti's all around

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tire swap

I am trying to do the same wheel change. I would like to put two rear tires and rims on the front of my 08 passion for two. Where did you get the tires and rims? I put a a request on the forum and did not get a single reply. The local dealer wants $1100 for two rims and tires. I would appreciate any information.

Richard Brown

619 223-8703

·
Super Moderator
11,304 Posts
For that amount of money, you could buy 4 aftermarket rims and tires!! Check with Smart Madness for stock rear rims, and go with tires from Tire Rack (tirerack.com) I just got 4 tires with shipping it came to $318 and some change. Rims I got from an old smart dealer for about $50 each. (steel Pure rims)
I have seen some rims listed on here with tires for around $500 just have to be patient I guess..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts