Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with the name of a part that's located where the exhaust is. It has the heat shield attached to it. I have reason to believe it might be bent. Sorry if it may be a dumb question, but ever since I put the carlsson exhaust on it, it became more noticeable and the heat shield keeps hitting the exhaust. I thought that the muffler shop had placed it a little off (since it's a little crooked but When I took it they told me that part was bent. Please help and sorry again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's the part where the heat shield is connected and I guess It has to do with the rear suspension system.

I'm attaching a photo..
It would be that whole part

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you, is it supposed to have a bend to it? i noticed that the original exhaust has like a concave area where the heat shield is supposed to be and not hit the exhaust. My carlsson exhaust does not have that so im guessing thats why it hits. Well at least thats what i think it is. The noise can only be heard on the inside and sounds like a loud tapping noise and is only heard on idle, but not all the time.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
With many aftermarket exhausts systems, the installer will remove the heat shield. If something is bent, then the car was probably in an accident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts