Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sounds good but I'd have to make a weekend thing of it, Hampton Roads Va to Hershey Pa isn't a day trip for us. 'Of course, there are some good Volksmarches in the area...

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a couple of hour drive for me but I think it would be worth it to meet other Smart owners. :) I have been to Hershey Park before and it was really nice.

·
Registered
374 Posts
This sounds like a nice idea. I'd make a weekend of it since it's a drive for us. When the weather warms up a bit, go to the park, a little sight seeing, sound good.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
BWG,

I'd suggest you contact and collaborate with the smart alecs, especially if you are planning smart events in PA. There are about 60 members and usually the events are very well attended beyond the membership. Both you and the club would benefit in working together in my view. Here is our current tentative schedule for 2010.

SMART ALECS CAR CLUB​
2010 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE​

March 21----Sunday-----St. Patricks Parade
April 17-----Saturday---Display Smarts at the Green House exhibit.
May19------Sunday----Cruise to Blue Mountain Winery
May 23------Sunday-----Display our Smarts at the Wind Gap Auto Show
June 10-------Sunday----Display our Smarts at the Whitehall Auto Show
July 11-------Sunday----2nd. Annual Salute to the Smart Car Show-our big event!
August 15---Sunday------Cruise to the Chatter Box in N.J.
September 4----Saturday---German Festival at the Carriage House Restaurant
September 18----Saturday------Fleetwood Auto Show (All German)
October 17---Sunday-------Cruise to Longwood Gardens
November 14---Sunday-------Cruise to Shady Maple in Lancaster County
December 12---Sunday-------Smartmas Party at the Carriage House Restaurant

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been thinking of recommending a smart gathering at the Pa Ren Faire. I know the owner likes smarts and likes things "green". They have a Flavorfest coming up May 29-30 promising a host of Pa wineries and Lancaster county restaurants for tastings. Admission is free! I'd imagine we could persuade managment to give us a special, high profile parking area. The Great PA FlavorFest

Just a thought!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been thinking of recommending a smart gathering at the Pa Ren Faire. I know the owner likes smarts and likes things "green". They have a Flavorfest coming up May 29-30 promising a host of Pa wineries and Lancaster county restaurants for tastings. Admission is free! I'd imagine we could persuade managment to give us a special, high profile parking area. The Great PA FlavorFest

Just an thought!!

I like that idea even more. I will definitely have my smart by then, and it is only 15min from my house.
Hershey Park is very expensive if you actually want to go into the park for the rides. PA ren fair isn't as bad. There are cheaper hotels right near the Ren Fair too, since it isn't such a tourist area.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just a thought!!
You should post this as a separate thread so that others will not think it is part of the Hershey Park idea. :cool: You might get more people interested in it if it known as a separate thread.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
me too

The wife and I have been looking for an excuse to go to Hershey park for years. Pick and date.
I was too. I will try for a warm month to go. It would be nice to try the water park there. :rolleyes: I think Hershey Park would be a 'sweet' place for a meet and greet. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With June being the National Smart Meet in KC and not willing to conflict with it, perhaps May 2010 could be a good month for it? Would a week end or a week day be better? Week ends might be more crowded. Week days might be more inconvient for some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts