Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
believe it or not I finally tested my high beams since i bought the car last Dec. I noticed the beams shine right down in front of the bumper, they won't even lite a stop sign up one block away. Is there any adjustment to them?

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
I would guess the bulbs are most likely not seated correctly. There is a tab on the bulb that sits in a notch on the reflector, if it is not in the notch, the bulb will point down at a steep angle. otherwise there isn't an adjustment just for the high beams. The adjustment is for the low beams only, and that only adjusts up and down.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Yeah, as jimvw stated, the highs are kind of annoying in a smart. They’re kinda hard to get seated and I have a suspicion that a good pothole could probably dislodge them too. That’s how little I trust the high beam’s mount.

·
Registered
933 Posts
believe it or not I finally tested my high beams since i bought the car last Dec. I noticed the beams shine right down in front of the bumper, they won't even lite a stop sign up one block away. Is there any adjustment to them?
Terry
Yes to your question.

If you would like, give me a call.
Weekdays after 7pm your time.
I'll PM you my home phone number.

I'll explain the full adjustment process to you. A special tool is required.
I don't feel like typing it all out today.

:smartje.bl.zl:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Terry,
Have you figured out how to adjust your High Beams, or were both bulbs misinstalled into their housings ?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Terry, good talking to you again.
In regards to your hi beams. Hopefully, the bulbs are just put in wrong as others have said.
If not, you now know how to adjust your hi beams first, then adjust the low beams.
Good luck.
JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts