Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just picked up a brand new SMART CAR Electric Drive yesterday evening from my local MB Dealer here in Mississauga, ON.

white with a white trident cell and maroon 'ish interior, + the bluetooth/navi package and cruise control.

The dealer was very kind to let me "test drive" it for 4 days (fri/sat/sun/mon) which let me fully try the car thoroughly. I loved it so much for the 4 days, did not wanna return it back. haha

This is my first "electric drive". I also own a 2012 sorento LX AWD and a 2004 Honda Pilot. (yea, i know). It was about time to make the switch to something economical and smaller. I am still keeping the Pilot (for the occasional towing) and the Sorento since its fairly new.

I have the car on a 3-year lease. Gives me a good idea on the limitations and benefits and will help me "sell" a Tesla to the missus in three years :) HAHA

I look forward to a fun filled ownership in this amazing car and on the forums here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true. i expect many things to be improve: battery chemistry, lower charging times, higher energy density = lighter battery/ or battery with longer range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come to northyork or markham some time~~~we can meet
Thanks for the offer. :)
the range on the Smart ED is 120 kms. as long as its within 60kms from my home...
unless .....
someone wants to host me overnight while my baby charges up :D

·
Registered
137 Posts

I'm on a 3 year lease too but it's an ICE not ED.
I was thinking of getting an ED ( Started my lease 3/9/2014 ) but went with an ICE instead.
Plan on leasing another Smart Fortwo in 3 years and may switch to an ED.
We hit 107° today. It's going to be a long hot summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts