Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just picked up a brand new SMART CAR Electric Drive yesterday evening from my local MB Dealer here in Mississauga, ON.

white with a white trident cell and maroon 'ish interior, + the bluetooth/navi package and cruise control.

The dealer was very kind to let me "test drive" it for 4 days (fri/sat/sun/mon) which let me fully try the car thoroughly. I loved it so much for the 4 days, did not wanna return it back. haha

This is my first "electric drive". I also own a 2012 sorento LX AWD and a 2004 Honda Pilot. (yea, i know). It was about time to make the switch to something economical and smaller. I am still keeping the Pilot (for the occasional towing) and the Sorento since its fairly new.

I have the car on a 3-year lease. Gives me a good idea on the limitations and benefits and will help me "sell" a Tesla to the missus in three years :) HAHA

I look forward to a fun filled ownership in this amazing car and on the forums here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true. i expect many things to be improve: battery chemistry, lower charging times, higher energy density = lighter battery/ or battery with longer range.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I'm on a 3 year lease too but it's an ICE not ED.
I was thinking of getting an ED ( Started my lease 3/9/2014 ) but went with an ICE instead.
Plan on leasing another Smart Fortwo in 3 years and may switch to an ED.
We hit 107° today. It's going to be a long hot summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts