Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Auckland ,New Zealand. My name is colin ,and live in new zealand. Recently i purchased a smart forfour passion.We have been quite happy with this car so far. Have found parts and any accesories difficult to purchase in n.z.
Hope to hear from you soon.........thank you, colin

·
Banned
43 Posts
Hello Colin from the States.

Well, I can only imagine the difficulty getting parts out to your island, we never did get the forfour over here ourselves, we can still find parts and such for the fortwo but I suspect in the future it will dry up as you may know they pulled out of the States. The petrol stop after the 2018 model year and the electric is gone after this model year.

I bought a used 2016 earlier in the year (petrol) I like it but I can see within a few years of getting out of it because as the basics like oil filters, spark plugs etc. get's harder to find plus no one really knows where everything is at to even service them. Even the Mercedes dealership is a hit and a miss.

Anyway I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. My first big test will be within the next month when we get hammered with snow, I'm ready to boggy with snow tires on we will see how she rolls, it's been years since I've driven rear wheel drive in the snow but at least the Smart has all the traction control stuff and the engine is right over the axle.

Welcome to the forum, newbie myself. It's a nice place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Colin from the States.

Well, I can only imagine the difficulty getting parts out to your island, we never did get the forfour over here ourselves, we can still find parts and such for the fortwo but I suspect in the future it will dry up as you may know they pulled out of the States. The petrol stop after the 2018 model year and the electric is gone after this model year.

I bought a used 2016 earlier in the year (petrol) I like it but I can see within a few years of getting out of it because as the basics like oil filters, spark plugs etc. get's harder to find plus no one really knows where everything is at to even service them. Even the Mercedes dealership is a hit and a miss.

Anyway I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. My first big test will be within the next month when we get hammered with snow, I'm ready to boggy with snow tires on we will see how she rolls, it's been years since I've driven rear wheel drive in the snow but at least the Smart has all the traction control stuff and the engine is right over the axle.

Welcome to the forum, newbie myself. It's a nice place.
Hi there, Hmmm, I thought i would buy no more cars after this one as i was hope that i would be to old to drive but if i can keep it going for a few years i will still be happy. The problem is that here in N Z , for the same amount of money i spent to buy this car,i can only purchase an older model ( 2010 -2012 ) vehicle
sorry about the late reply ,have been a bit busy here
All the best for now, colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts