Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just signed up, I enjoy reading people's builds etc. I'm bout 75% thru my fireblade build.

If anyone is interested, I'll make this into a build thread? But....am I in the right section?

And secondly......I'm in England, not America!! Does that bother you guys??

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha sorry guys, yeah it's a Honda cbr900 that I took the engine from!! At work at mo, but soon as I'm home/not busy, I'll post up a load of pics.

It is all built by me, machined, and welded, so constructive criticism only please

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so here goes, I'll just put a load of pics on in some kind of relevant order.

Enjoy....

Welded the clutch pedal base in, no pics, But.....smart caught fire!!! burnt thru everything plastic underneath!! Plastic brake pipes, servo pipe to rear!! one step forward ten backwards!! My fault, didn't even think bout the pipes from the brake reservoir!! Doh!! Haha

Think that's where I'm at!! Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yikes! Poor little car! Look at the little stuffed animal in the window! It looks so sad! What year is that car? The rust on the sub frame! OMG!

You car killer!

Good luck with the build!

Hartmn

(in sunny southern Califiornia where car's don't rust to death!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a 2005 1 lady owner!! Subframe will be shot blasted and powder coated, as will the subframe I made too

·
Registered
97 Posts
You've got some talent there! Looks well executed. What are you doing for reverse gear? My understanding is that MC motors do not have a reverse gear.
Car looks surprisingly new.
Keep the pictures flowing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The little ring gear next to the sprocket was for reverse....but it's too small, as the starter motor I was going to use, hits on the bearing block!!

Car only weighs 600ish kg, so I can just push it backwards haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Not in the best order, but that's where im at now!! Bottom arms on, "diff" remounted higher to stop the bad shaft angle, it worked!! Need a bit of bracing but the frame is basically done now!

Exhaust next, then back in the car for cooling system and cables connecting up! Light at the end of the tunnel!

If you guys are interested, I'll keep posting updates.

Cheers again,

Dave

1 - 20 of 34 Posts