Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my wife Passion ( Black/Sliver/Black) on the 19 jan 2008 at the Annapolis Smart Center. Had to send the rev and a check for $99.00 to smart for they would not take AE. Also wrote a check to the Annapolis smart center fo4 $400.00. The Rev's form came back to the house with a conf # of 4553111485. Will I still get e-mail with a log-on and password so we can conf. our order or is this number it.

FMF Doc

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome to the WAIT..

What was the $400 dealer check for?

You will eventually configure by e-mail-6 months maybe

The reservation # is a time stamp-last four digits-1485 presumably=Jan 19/08

The first rez #'s were 1173( March 2007)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah what was the $400 for? :eek:

No one paid more than the $99 until delivery time.

You better have it in writing from the dealer what the $400 was for.
And that it can be deducted from the delivery price.
If not then notify Smart USA, this could be a scam to get more money out of you. Because the reported dealer fees for the Annapolis dealer is only $100.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do remember She said something about a dealers fee.
Did the dealer told that you had to pay the dealer fee now?
Something is not right here!!
You are only suppose to pay the $99 reservation fee which goes to Smart USA.

Now wait minute, I remember somewhere in this forum that Maryland limits it dealer processing fee to $100. Maryland passed it in 2003 (click on link).
http://house.state.md.us/pdf-documents/2003rs/fnotes/bil_0004/hb0454.pdf
Better call Maryland's Motor Vehicle Department.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Contact your salesperson. The $400 was probably an additional deposit on the car. Md only lets dealers get $100 in processing fees (not required!) in addition to tax, title, & tags. Oh, and don't forget the $645 freight. I've talked to two of the sales people and they've been nothing but helpful explaining things.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Contact your salesperson. The $400 was probably an additional deposit on the car. Md only lets dealers get $100 in processing fees (not required!) in addition to tax, title, & tags. Oh, and don't forget the $645 freight. I've talked to two of the sales people and they've been nothing but helpful explaining things.
I don't think its a deposit. The only stated amount required of prospective smart buyers is the $99 reservation fee. I still think there was an error on the dealers part. So nmcl714 should find if the $400 is refundable. If not you just lost $400.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all

e-mailed my sales rep to fine out what is going on. Thank all for your help and info. I will keep you posted as to what is going on. FMF Doc

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Perhaps this is one of the several dealers that require some fee to be put on the orphan list? If not, sounds like a misunderstanding or a scam... hummm

·
Registered
197 Posts
e-mailed my sales rep to fine out what is going on. Thank all for your help and info. I will keep you posted as to what is going on. FMF Doc
I think you ought to go back and ask for the manager and straighten things out. Ask for your $400 back. If they get difficult call Smart USA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Perhaps this is one of the several dealers that require some fee to be put on the orphan list? If not, sounds like a misunderstanding or a scam... hummm
I agree most likely an orphan list... If so you have already spent it and you never no, you could get a Smart early.. I wouldn't worry to much. I don't think a brand new Smart Dealership would scam somebody especially this early on in the game..
Good luck and let us know

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Up date

I stop in the Annapolis Smart Center and talk to Angela and the $400.00 was a deposit on the orphan list which will be put to the price of the car. Also found out we are next on the list for a orphan passion. They expect about thirty next month and they are having a 35% drop rate. Thanks again to all for you though's and help. You guy's are great.

FMF Doc

·
Registered
197 Posts
I stop in the Annapolis Smart Center and talk to Angela and the $400.00 was a deposit on the orphan list which will be put to the price of the car. Also found out we are next on the list for a orphan passion. They expect about thirty next month and they are having a 35% drop rate. Thanks again to all for you though's and help. You guy's are great.

FMF Doc
:D I'm glad for you. Best of luck.
Make sure to check the Smart Car Operation and Maintenance sub forum as it has lots of great info.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just at the Annapolis smart center today and put down my $400 which is TOTALLY REFUNDABLE or goes towards purchasing a smart. Chris Sutch was my contact and I totally believe him that the $400 is required if you want to get on their orphan list. I truely believe it's all on the up-and-up. If not- I will haunt them until my dying day. Not a pretty thought.... :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just at the Annapolis smart center today and put down my $400 which is TOTALLY REFUNDABLE or goes towards purchasing a smart. Chris Sutch was my contact and I totally believe him that the $400 is required if you want to get on their orphan list. I truely believe it's all on the up-and-up. If not- I will haunt them until my dying day. Not a pretty thought.... :)
Yes the people in annapolis are great. The $400.00 is for the orphan list and will go to towards the purchase. I hope you get one soon they are so much fun. Hope to see you around annapolis. We drive a Black/Silver Passion. WE work at the U.S.N.A. so we are always around.

FMF Doc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts