Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I´m the first posting here in Mexico´s Chapter, I invited you to visit our foro smartclub.com.mx and share some experiences with us, you can write in english or spanish as well.
I hope to see more mexicans Smart fans around here, I will upload some pictures as soon as possible.
Regards!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
RVGringo: I just the article, and loved what you wrote to the Administrator, thanks for having the idea of creating Mexico's Chapter.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glad to hear from our friends south of the border. How is parts availability in Mexico? I've noticed that all of the 451 models are sold there, how about the accessories. I would love to be able to source the 6 x 15 spoke wheels and tires available on the not for US/Canada Pulse. Have you seen any Brabus models down there?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Parts

I haven't needed parts (mine is a 2007, 450) but I imagine that any of the dealers in Mexico could get whatever you need if they don't have it in stock. Of course, you might have to take a road trip to Mexico to do some shopping. Our superhighways (autopistas) are excellent but the tolls are pretty high. However that does include towing, insurance, etc. in case of accident so don't toss your toll receipts. You will need to buy a temporary importation sticker for your car and Mexican insurance before you cross the border.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Help!!

It seems that I´m the first posting here in Mexico´s Chapter, I invited you to visit our foro smartclub.com.mx and share some experiences with us, you can write in english or spanish as well.
I hope to see more mexicans Smart fans around here, I will upload some pictures as soon as possible.
Regards!
YoGT1,
I cannot read much spanish but want to register on the smartclub mex site. Can you help me? If you can, let me know step by step what I need to do.

Thanks,
smartiePrincess :smartje.rd.zw:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mexico Smarts

I am so glad to see other smart people in Mexico. I'm in Mexico right now (flew down for a week, my Smart is in Reno, NV) but, I plan to drive down in my Smart for the winter of '09. Yeah, retirement - can't wait! I was thrilled yesterday when, as I drove into my village (north of Puerto Vallarta) the 1st thing I saw was a Smart! Nice colors, too. It was silver and light blue.

I'll check out the Mexico Smart page. My Spanish is iffy, but I'll give it my best shot!

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Mexico Chapter of SCOA, Wiloran....¡Y tambien, bienvenidos a casa!
We retired to Lake Chapala in early 2001 and will never leave. We understand how anxious you must be to reach retirement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts