Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Minis Unite in smart Support!

Too funny! So Mini people are smart people too! Really, I mean, not that we thought they were dumb...;)

My boyfriend bought an '06 Mini Cooper S, later christened Floyd, after years of me drooling over them and now it is MY turn for some teeny fun! Hence the name litlsis...my smart will be Floyd's little sister :D

TOO fun!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Also from the Twin Cities (St. Paul, to be exact); found out about the smart car rather late - the dealership who's getting the smart does some work with the company I work for, and there was a discussion about what may be happening because of the smart - so chances are I'm in the later third of the existing reservations.

No mini's in my family; I've had two Saturns; I wanted a Prius (before its popularity exploded), but because of an unfortunate breakdown that would cost more to repair than the car was worth, I ended up getting another one on short notice.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Too funny! So Mini people are smart people too! Really, I mean, not that we thought they were dumb...;)

My boyfriend bought an '06 Mini Cooper S, later christened Floyd, after years of me drooling over them and now it is MY turn for some teeny fun! Hence the name litlsis...my smart will be Floyd's little sister :D

TOO fun!
We'll be using the MINI for the decadent autobahn luxo-tourer and the smart for the sensible around town commuter.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
My fear, too

because of an unfortunate breakdown that would cost more to repair than the car was worth, I ended up getting another one on short notice.
Jez, did you have to say that? I have a '96 Taurus that I have had since new for bang around car and in Winter when the S2000 gets covered up and put away til May. The Taurus has 165K miles and has been doing ok for me since new. I just hope it holds up til my Smart arrives in the 1st qtr of '08. Some say the AX4N transmissions on them start to *bother* over 150k miles....lazy shifts, no shifts b/w 1 & 2nd...things like that...had a lazy shift a couple of times last Spring before getting the Honda out.. Trans has been flushed out couple of times/30k miles already and that seems to have helped but we'll see. Would hate to have to buy a junker to get me thru til the Smart arrived. ...keeping fingers crossed.:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to know there are other Minnesotans on board. Made my reservation last month - a bit late to the party, I know. Will be interesting to see where our closest dealer ends up, and how the Smart car handles Minnesota winters.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Good to know there are other Minnesotans on board. Made my reservation last month - a bit late to the party, I know. Will be interesting to see where our closest dealer ends up, and how the Smart car handles Minnesota winters.

Kevin
Do you guys still use snow tires up there? :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I seem to recall that NY and NJ get more snow than Minnesota; we just get colder.

The dealer is definitely Feldmann Imports (494 and 100 in Bloomington). I'm late to the party as well - I made my reservation last month, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts