Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 pure. It was one of those cars2go fleet. It's white with power windows and upgraded jvc radio and heated seats. Got it for a good deal but had to drive 2 hours to get it. Only 12,500 miles. Runs fantastic! I had a quick question! The wrench flashed when I start the car and -945. What does this mean exactly? I'm pretty sure it's a maintence thing just not sure...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The flashing wrench is the service reminder. It comes on once the car has traveled 10k miles or 1 year of time has lapsed. It is easy to reset.
Since you are in the LA area, you may want to consider joining the So Cal Smarties. Membership is free. Just go over to: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
In your case the car is 945 days overdue for a service.

The maintenance indicator works in two ways: Miles or Days.

IIRC when you're miles overdue the miles are measured in 100 mile increments. When you're days overdue it'll count 1 day at a time. So "-945" should mean 945 days overdue for a service.

What most likely happened here is that Car2Go serviced the car on time, but never reset the maintenance indicator. Such is somewhat common on fleet vehicles, though I never expected such in Car2Gos. To be safe, I'd give it at least an oil change anyway.

Anyway, welcome! And awesome find with very low miles! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it's possible it's been over 2 years since it was serviced? hah crazy... Well I do plan on getting the oil changed either tomorrow or Monday.

In the meantime, I'm sitting back, drinking some wine, and reading the manual. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts