Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,299 Posts
:welcome: to SCoA! Happy to hear the folks in Nashville have their own smart center now. :)

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Great News! and welcome to SCoA!

How about a open house party for the owners & owner-wannabe's lurking the site that might need your services? Don't forget to cross post it on Insider!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi
Does your smart center assist or offer pre-'08 [450] smart owners any level of service and repair, or, at the least sell them parts?
Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Great News! and welcome to SCoA!

How about a open house party for the owners & owner-wannabe's lurking the site that might need your services? Don't forget to cross post it on Insider!
:)Yea, let's have a party that we don't have to drive to Knoxville anymore....wait, I have owned my smart for almost four years and it has been so trouble free that I have only made that trip twice......so let's have a party for how dependable our smarts are.........Russ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Does your smart center assist or offer pre-'08 [450] smart owners any level of service and repair, or, at the least sell them parts?
Thanks
we do offer service on pre-2008 smart vehicles, however, diagnosis may sometimes be lenghty. oil changes, etc will be no probelm but if I a diagnosis is necessary, we may have to request it from overseas and it could take longer than usual. And we offer parts too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:)Yea, let's have a party that we don't have to drive to Knoxville anymore....wait, I have owned my smart for almost four years and it has been so trouble free that I have only made that trip twice......so let's have a party for how dependable our smarts are.........Russ
Glad to hear your smart has been so trouble-free!!! A smart party is a great idea - maybe we can have one here after the holidays - I'll keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Glad to hear your smart has been so trouble-free!!! A smart party is a great idea - maybe we can have one here after the holidays - I'll keep you posted!
You could include a side trip to the Lane Motor museum that lives in your vicinity. It is housed in the old Sunbeam bread bakery building.

http://lanemotormuseum.org/

There is a you tube video there that is worth watching. See if you can spot the smart fortwo in the museum video.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
At the Lane Motor Museum? Is this is?
Minimal Motoring: Microcar Exhibit
I didn't know about it! Cool!!
You'll have to make a visit.. The you tube video about the history of the museum is quite enticing. That is the video where I noticed the smart. I definitely do not want to miss the Tatra Exhibit, or the microcar exhibit.
There is a list of their cars with a description of each and a few pictures as well. I could spend hours on this site alone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi
Thanks

I just spoke with my service manager and he says the best answer to your question is "We will try our best to service any grey market pre-08 smart" - I guess we have a diesel in the shop right now we're not able to get parts for.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm glad we finally are getting some group activity. I used to drive to Huntsville since that group was so active. Bad news is that we will be out of town on the 17th. Next time maybe a little more lead time? Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we would have liked to have had more notice too, that's why we initially thought we weren't going to have the party. sorry you won't be able to attend.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am about to be moving out of the country and so I spent today heading from car dealership to car dealership to see which one would make me the best offer for my 2011 smart. My last stop was smart center of Nashville, a dealership I haven't visited in quite some time. Let's just say that I was very disappointed. They now have a smart sign on the outside of the building but it is small and almost hidden by a metal awning type structure. Inside there was a sad display of smart literature and an even sadder display of smart merchandise. The Tridion Cell they had on display, inside the showroom, was decorated with a fair amount of bird droppings. First of all get the birds out of the showroom and secondly clean off your display! There was only one smart in the showroom and I never got an appraisal on my car because the used car manager didn't seem like he could be bothered with going outside to look at it. I am glad that there is a smart car dealer in Nashville (although I stopped going there for service after one visit when I found out they only had one technician who was trained to work on a smart) but this dealership almost seems to resent the fact that it has to sell smart cars. I can't believe that they sell many smarts because they really don't seem interested in selling any.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts