Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new Smart fan buying Brabus ForFour when it becomes widely available in UK after Christmas. Unfortunately new model uses a fixed scale for climate control not an LCD which can be switched for scale and SMart are selling cars with Metric measurements not British in UK except speedo.. It seems other markets have a basic ac option (seems stupid to pay for something you are not going to use. Has anyone tried swapping the scale or the Climate Control head unit (N22/1) replacing a Centigrade model with Fahrenheit or vice versa? I notice many manufacturers are doing away with the LCD's presumably to save money? Any experience very welcome. Smart do not answer such questions and I want to know if it can be done without voiding warrnaty before buying car from UK dealer. I see in the manual that the Display head unit has settings for temps, units of distance and volume. Are these user configurable or does it require the dealer software? Thanks everyone.

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Congrats on 1) being able to buy a forfour and 2) being able to get the actual BRABUS version, unlike the gutted BRABUS we'll get in the states. Since we don't get the EU/UK version of anything here you might try asking the folks over at smartmaniacs.

Post some photos when your car comes in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Congrats on 1) being able to buy a forfour and 2) being able to get the actual BRABUS version, unlike the gutted BRABUS we'll get in the states. Since we don't get the EU/UK version of anything here you might try asking the folks over at .

Post some photos when your car comes in.
HI thanks. Will post.

I thought I would ask US forum as the Climate controls appear similar ot prior year model, the US model has Fahrenheit unit and cars to Canada have the European Measurements. I wondered if anyone had upgraded a Canadian import. Unfortunately manufacturers seem to be moving away from switchable LCD's and I have had previous bad experience from a UK supplier when I insisted in modifying their product to work with British Measurements.

At present, details and cars of Brabus new model are sketchy in UK but previous Mercs I bought were customisable so I have not lost hope but with Britain leaving the EU, I hope the friendliness (at a cost) of Merc dealers will continue.

Will certainly post pics on purchase in UK. Not convinced as a US car yet. My choice in HI has been Prius for a while but there are times when a 4wd truck is necessary.

Just a shame ELectric still does not have suitable range. Where I intend to move to in New Year is 200 miles from the airport and there is no way Electric smart would cover it reliably. If it was 100 miles that would be different. Added to which charging stations at Heathrow are still uncommon and you cannot push start an Electric...

Anyway thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting advice and inspiration from some Smart evangelists and if anyone has experience of swapping in foreign spec parts and how Smart react to this re warranties etc would be really greatful.

Also any advice on most suitable dash cam to fit to a forfour for a professional look and not another bolt on goodie stuck on windshield or dash?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts