Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my presentation in this great forum.

I am Mario from Mexico and this is my 451 2015 baby that I have since 2 weeks ago, I really love it.
I need your great help, after driving a little sometimes the ESP light come on the dash and stays there until I dont use the car, when I start it again the ESP light is off.

What could be the problem ?, thank you so much!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First guess is a tone ring on one of your rear axles is cracked. A known issue, especially in Northern areas where they salt the roads. You can get new rings on eBay from a company out of the UK.
I found this one (please confirme me).......

·
Administrator
29,721 Posts
I found this one (please confirme me).......

That is the correct part, but before ordering you need to make sure a broken or cracked ring is actually causing the ESP light. If it is, then it's wise to replace both left and right rings at the same time. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the correct part, but before ordering you need to make sure a broken or cracked ring is actually causing the ESP light. If it is, then it's wise to replace both left and right rings at the same time. :)
Hi bro, yes I will do that!!!, only to confirm I saw in another site that only is one ring in the rear and one in the front but this one comes together with the bearings.

Is that right ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum!! I am glad you found the information you were in need of. Please let us know how the repair goes. By the way, you have a very pretty smart. Love the color.
Thank you so much and yes I love my color
I hope to solve my problem, maybe yes this is the cause because I hear a little noise in one of the wheels when I am driving.

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
What kind of noise are you hearing? Noise will usually be brakes, bearings, or the ABS system activating when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What kind of noise are you hearing? Noise will usually be brakes, bearings, or the ABS system activating when it shouldn't be.
I hear a little brushing in one of the wheels.
So maybe the ring(s) of the rear axles is possible, right?, I saw that this causes the ESP light so much because the ABS sensor in there, maybe a missing dent in the ring is making the noise.
Or bearings???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Helllo. Really like that classic Mini Cooper in the background. Have a 1973 myself slong with my 2015 451.

This is my presentation in this great forum.

I am Mario from Mexico and this is my 451 2015 baby that I have since 2 weeks ago, I really love it.
I need your great help, after driving a little sometimes the ESP light come on the dash and stays there until I dont use the car, when I start it again the ESP light is off.

What could be the problem ?, thank you so much!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I hear a little brushing in one of the wheels.
So maybe the ring(s) of the rear axles is possible, right?, I saw that this causes the ESP light so much because the ABS sensor in there, maybe a missing dent in the ring is making the noise.
Or bearings???
The rings are unlikely to make any noticable sound, so you might have a different issue or the noise might be unrelated to the ABS; hard to tell. It is probably worth your while to put a scanner on it and see what codes it is throwing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.