Smart Car of America Forum banner

Hi please help, ESP light appears and stays after driving.

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  gtdump 
#1 ·
Hello,

This is my presentation in this great forum.

I am Mario from Mexico and this is my 451 2015 baby that I have since 2 weeks ago, I really love it.
I need your great help, after driving a little sometimes the ESP light come on the dash and stays there until I dont use the car, when I start it again the ESP light is off.

What could be the problem ?, thank you so much!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
I hear a little brushing in one of the wheels.
So maybe the ring(s) of the rear axles is possible, right?, I saw that this causes the ESP light so much because the ABS sensor in there, maybe a missing dent in the ring is making the noise.
Or bearings???

#14 ·
Helllo. Really like that classic Mini Cooper in the background. Have a 1973 myself slong with my 2015 451.

This is my presentation in this great forum.

I am Mario from Mexico and this is my 451 2015 baby that I have since 2 weeks ago, I really love it.
I need your great help, after driving a little sometimes the ESP light come on the dash and stays there until I dont use the car, when I start it again the ESP light is off.

What could be the problem ?, thank you so much!!!!

#21 ·
The rings are the toothed "gear" in this image, as the teeth go past the sensor it creates a signal to the computer.
These ones are crusty, but still working. The ring should be very rigidly connected to the axle.

Sometimes they just get fouled up with rust and crud and a good cleaning is all that's needed.
Here's a shot of two side-by-side, pre and post cleaning with a wire wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.