Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up today, as a proud owner of 2009 Smart Fortwo Passion. This is my test car, used to crawl among NYC tight streets. Hello to everybody here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi stevenvillatoro! As I have faced various opinions about Smart, I decided to test this car myself. It's not me, it's the car and its features, that will be tested by me. I must say, that so far I'm VERY satisfied. For the most part, about the ease of parking. If you work as a serviceman in Manhattan, and in more crowded boroughs around it, there's no better car! Luckily, I'm low voltage guy, not plumber. This car wouldn't fit pipes :-D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, good old NYC... I left there 15 years ago for Phoenix. I was a local 3 Electrician. I started my own business out here and use the little ProMaster City vans. I remember driving the old Dodge B vans and triple parking at the job sites. The dings and dents that went with the territory used to drive me nuts. Parallel parkers who "push" their way into a spot rather than parking properly and ruining the plastic bumpers... Poor little Smart

Welcome aboard and post some pics of your ride!
Regarding pipe, I've seen folks tie them down (or up depending on how one sees it) under a vehicle. I guess with a smart car you would still have two feet protruding :)

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Welcome to SCOA. A Smart is a perfect match for NYC with it's plastic body panels. I made a trek to JFK airport in my brand new 2002 mustang. I hit Chinatown at rush hour and I swore I would never do it again. A motorcycle clipped my side mirror as I was getting directions from a policeman. Streets are one way in the morning and the other way in the evening. I'll never go back there and drive again. Every car you see is dented and dinged somewhere. It's a lifestyle you'd have to be born into to appreciate. I love the hills of W.Va and my Smart does too, so I'm staying here. But I can see where a Smart would have been a great choice to motivate through the Holland tunnel and through Manhattan. Fold down that passenger seat and load it up. DCO

·
Registered
32 Posts
... Luckily, I'm low voltage guy, not plumber. This car wouldn't fit pipes :-D
I have a Cabrio. I can stack pipes vertically and strap to the (what is is called, a roll cage?)

I used to run low voltage too. Running wire could be a problem with the smart versus the old Van, if you are using big reels of wire, like reels of quad cat-5:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts