Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a picture of the light pattern with HIDs in the stock housings?

I'm thinking about replacing the projectors when I do the HID upgrade.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both.

Do you find yourself getting flashed by people on the road or is the projector doing a decent job with an HID bulb?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
I've had the VVME's in my (daily driver) smart for about 5 1/2 years and have never had anyone flash their lights at me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thank you both.

Do you find yourself getting flashed by people on the road or is the projector doing a decent job with an HID bulb?
I found myself getting lights flashed at me more with the incandescents, actually. I spent a while fine tuning and getting the headlight alignment where I want it to prevent that from happening at all now. Just make sure you have them aimed a tad down from where you'd have your factory bulbs, in my opinion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bought the 6K also for my fog waiting for it to arrive
Unless you have projectors in the fog housings, you're just going to blind people, and that's not cool. I know it's probably too late and you've made up your mind, but if anything, just put some silverstars in the highs and fogs, I'd be interested to see what the SMD fog bulbs look like, but I imagine those would blind people too.

Edit: and yeah, make sure you adjust your headlights accordingly to a proper and level cutoff.

·
17,346 Posts
Unless you have projectors in the fog housings, you're just going to blind people, and that's not cool. I know it's probably too late and you've made up your mind, but if anything, just put some silverstars in the highs and fogs, I'd be interested to see what the SMD fog bulbs look like, but I imagine those would blind people too.

Edit: and yeah, make sure you adjust your headlights accordingly to a proper and level cutoff.
I have 6K HIDs in my highs...I only use my highs on dark, empty roads anyway...I don't even flash people. :D

HIDs in the fogs will definitely be blinding!

SMDs won't be blinding, though the light output won't make it worth it either. It'll be a great DRL, but useless for any kind of night/fog vision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts