Smart Car of America Forum banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
It started as an urban legend I believe, but some gangs took it to heart. I lost a friend in high school while he was driving home from the bowling alley because of this.

Edit... you know I just thought of something.... what is it with users named Jack on this forum and uneducated opinions that they like to state as fact? It's like an epidemic... :D
The Answer :D

·
17,390 Posts
+1,000,000 uberpanzer!

Jack, this is a losing battle. Other than some senseless ramblings you've yet to actually prove your point.

Now straighten up and fly right or go drop bombs somewhere else...Or stay here because your replies continue to get even more humorous...

·
Banned
23 Posts
A solid set of plug n play hid's can be bought for less than $40. and I have yet to see someone with hid's say they've blown a bulb... Even if they did our kit has a replacement guarantee that gets you a new bulb for free... Some on here have blown 4 or 5 stock bulbs... Right there my Hid's have already paid for themselves.
no matter stock bulbs or HID replacement bulbs, they can be blown on the road....some one upgrade to HIDs only because they want to upgrade and keep in touch of the trend, some because they wanna special HID color and much more brightness.....at the same time, some conservative guys would rather keep their stock halogen bulbs.....

some get satisfied with HID lights and HID color to fit to stock housings and happy with the upgrade HID... some will complain so much when they got defective crap HID or blown bulbs.....

that is all up to your personal idea......you can choose whatever you want...and you get what you pay for....

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
The purpose of my post was to argue that quality HID's are inexpensive and do not infact cost more than stock bulbs in the long run.... which is what I took from Forest's post.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Or for those who really want... I have a few pairs of Hella D2S projectors laying around that would be a direct replacement for the Hella H7 halogen projectors inside the current housings. The HID Versions have a wider "reflective bowl" which would give you a wider light output. But this is only for people who are comfortable opening up their headlights and switching out components, I do high end headlight conversions and design as a business so that's why I have these parts sitting around for those who are actually interested :).
Please tell me more about the D2S projectors! :)

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Thanks for the link. However, I meant that I wanted to know more about the HID projectors that LittoDeviL mentions are a direct replacement for the halogen projectors in the 451. The last seven cars I've owned have had factory-installed HIDs. Naturally, the smart needs them, too!
Those ARE a direct replacement; so are these Wholesale Digital Slim H7 HID Xenon Conversion Kits/Headlights The wiring harness in not needed :)

I personally have these. I got the 5000K. Easy install; only took me about 20 minutes :D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Chief, I believe the part you are missing is in the paragraph:

"Originally Posted by LittoDeviL
Or for those who really want... I have a few pairs of Hella D2S PROJECTORS laying around that would be a direct replacement for the Hella H7 halogen PROJECTORS INSIDE the current housings. The HID Versions have a wider "reflective bowl" which would give you a wider light output. But this is only for people who are comfortable opening up their headlights and switching out components"

Litto Devil is referring not to the lamps and ballasts but to the glass lens, reflector bowl.... the actual focusing and reflector unit with the cut off line in the lens itself by Hella made for use with HID bulbs. It lives inside the headlamp housing. :D
You have to crack open the headlamp and swap the lens assembly. :eek: Cataract surgery for your smart.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Chief, I believe the part you are missing is in the paragraph:

"Originally Posted by LittoDeviL
Or for those who really want... I have a few pairs of Hella D2S PROJECTORS laying around that would be a direct replacement for the Hella H7 halogen PROJECTORS INSIDE the current housings. The HID Versions have a wider "reflective bowl" which would give you a wider light output. But this is only for people who are comfortable opening up their headlights and switching out components"

Litto Devil is referring not to the lamps and ballasts but to the glass lens, reflector bowl.... the actual focusing and reflector unit with the cut off line in the lens itself by Hella made for use with HID bulbs. It lives inside the headlamp housing. :D
You have to crack open the headlamp and swap the lens assembly. :eek: Cataract surgery for your smart.
Correct. As I mentioned above, I want to replace the projectors, not just the bulbs.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to all who are thinkng of getting new lights.....There is a very real danger associated with these BLINDING lights....

Bull****. If your lights are blinding people, that means you don't have them aimed corrrectly.

I can blind you with an OEM halogen H7 just as easily as I can blind you with an HID capsule.

Go back and get some facts before spouting off any more hysteria.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
you ppl can rationalize having these blinding lights any way you want to.....the FACTS are still that these lights DO blind ppl because we do not drive on FLAT highways.....

They blind people not because the Earth is round, but because people don't aim their headlamps correctly. News Flash for you: You can do the same thing with OEM halogens.

Go back to school, already...

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
....I must be trapped in one of those twilight zone episodes where no matter what I say it falls on deaf ears...or worse you ppl are all unable to look at the massive amount of EVIDENCE scattered thru out our nation.

What evidence? You haven't produced one stitch of your "evidence." All you have done is spew your hysteria, over and over again.

In the words of my grandfather: Put up, or shut up.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have done tons and tons of research on this issue so I can assure you that my comments are not just my own "temporary insanity or rantings of a madman"...there are hundreds of ppl just like me who feel the same way.

"Feelings" does not equal "Evidence."

Once again: Put up or shut up. You claim there's all sorts of evidence to back you up. Okay then... Produce some.

Until you do, you're a looney.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
FWIW, I'm at about 4 1/4 years with VVME HID's that were connected to the original wiring. They're used as DRL's too so they've had a lot of hours and I haven't had any problems.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts