Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took the glovebox door off my 2013 smart to work on something. While I had it in my hands, I noticed two things I had not noticed before. First, that horizontal slot on the front of the door has a brush up inside it, so it can hold notes to your dash while driving. Second, the inside of the door has a small depression and clip about the size of a registration card.
IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1995.JPG
I like the brush note holder, the little clip I don't think is as useful. But I'm impressed the smart designers paid attention to such details.

Registered
The little business card clip is for the dealers business card for the salesman and or the service department.

I was always wondering why that added that slot on the 2013 and up models...Nice find

Registered
I use the little clip to hold my auto insurance card. The other hidden spot will hold an item about the size of a cigar box. It's on the passenger side floor up under the dash just above where you place your feet.

Registered
I use the little clip to hold my auto insurance card. The other hidden spot will hold an item about the size of a cigar box. It's on the passenger side floor up under the dash just above where you place your feet.

That little cubby is for the first aid kit required in Germany. US cars did not get one. I picked one up and it fits nicely there.

Super Moderator
To be fair, smart did mention the rail on the glove box door when they made the change for 2011 models, although they didn't say anything about the card holder....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts