Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a kit on amazon with 5 star reviews for about $40. Installation was non surgical and fit was great. I am very happy with the light output and the cut off is as it was with the old lamps.
Best of all, it matches the Brabus LED driving lights!

·
Registered
49 Posts
MesaAzGuy,

Is this plug and play? Or do you have to cut stuff up? I like the look of the light that you have in picture but I won't do ANYTHING to my car that can't be just remove and replace! Your car is looking great!

Hartmn

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was all plug and play. Completely reversable. The rubber boots will have to be left off with this kit otherwise, what I did, was to cut a slit at the back of the rubber boot to allow the wires to pass through. I figure the boots can be replaced if needed to go back to standard lamps. (Or silicone seal them)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am having a hard time copying the link. All I get is a picture of the item and not the page.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
It was all plug and play. Completely reversable. The rubber boots will have to be left off with this kit otherwise, what I did, was to cut a slit at the back of the rubber boot to allow the wires to pass through. I figure the boots can be replaced if needed to go back to standard lamps. (Or silicone seal them)
Don't run around without the rubber boots!!! Also, don't just slit them and leave a gap. Those are there for a reason. They keep moisture out of the headlamp assembly. Once it gets in, it's near impossible to get it out. If you leave them off, or don't seal them back up, it can eventually ruin the headlamp assembly.

Just wanted to pass on a warning to others...:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true and I agree with that statement. That said, living in Arizona doesn't pose a threat for moisture intrusion. I will put a bead of silicone on there just in case. Car wash water doesn't make it in there.
Funny thing is that there are cobwebs in there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts