Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else experience this problem...Whine stops after about 30 seconds...Thought it was fuel pump at first but it doesn't seem to do it in very cold weather or after it has warmed up--turned off and then restarted?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
High pitched whine

I too have a high pitched whine on start up, it sounds like this,
"Are you going to drive like that all day, slow down the lights could change, why did we go in this, why not the 4x4, why are we going this way, are we there yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's odd. My whine is more like this "I wanna drive it, I wanna drive it, how come you are the only one who gets to drive it" Then it repeats again and again until I am out the driveway.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It's the muffler bearing
:rofl::rofl:

Some people can be such smarta$$'s, of course he's kidding, jwright is correct, it's the air pump that helps fire off the catalytic converter when the car is cold, that's why you don't hear it on a warm car. Should run for about 20 seconds then it shuts off.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Is it the new style or the old style fluid?? I have a few vintage cars that need topping off. Just finished tightening the piston return springs. I adjust them every 35,000 miles or 6 months.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You're all wrong . . . it is a -

Dilithium crystal heater unit . . . it'll go away after the crystal is at operating temperature . . . not to worry, a normal sound. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts