Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why my car has this high pitched beep/buzz after shutting the car off?
There's also some other interesting electronic noises in the middle of the video, but the beep is the weird annoying one.

(I have no idea why it uploaded as a "short")

It doesn't matter if I run the car for 5 seconds or 5 hours, it happens every time.

·
Registered
Smart fortwo 451. 2012 petrol
61 Posts
Hi, that sounds like the warning sound that you get if you have left the key in the ignition, or your lights on. Does your car have the lights that stay on for a short period, meant to light the path up at night to help you see the way.

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, Too hard to diagnose. Sound quality isn’t very on You Tube.
It's quite clear on my speakers and phone. It is on the quieter side, though, so you have to crank the volume.

Hi, that sounds like the warning sound that you get if you have left the key in the ignition, or your lights on. Does your car have the lights that stay on for a short period, meant to light the path up at night to help you see the way.
Lights off, key out of the ignition. The beep tone is coming from the engine compartment, not the dash, which is why it's strange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts