Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 Smart Electric Drive. A coupe of nights ago, I moved it from the garage to the parking area of my subdivision. It had a 100% charge, and it sat for about three days. When went to move it back to the garage, there was only 20% charge left. I charged it up, and left it for two days, and when I went back this morning, it was at 80% charge.

Now, I know that the remote start wire on my car amplifier came loose, so I think the amp stays on all the time now (I'm getting ready to fix that), but that would affect the 12 volt battery only, right? It wouldn't affect the HV battery, and certainly wouldn't cause that kind of drain, correct? Any other thoughts on why the battery might be going down so fast while sitting idle? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were there any cold nights?? Maybe the HV battery heater automatically kicked on to keep the batteries at proper temp?
No, not particularly. I’m in Northern Virginia, and we’re having a bit of a warm spell... highs well above freezing overnight. I left it charging overnight, and whenI came down this morning, the light on the charger was still blinking, as if it wasn’t fully charged. It’s a 220 charger, so a couple of hours should have been more than sufficient. The needle was a hair shy of 100. So, I unplugged it and went out. I’ll check to see how much power was lost today whenI get home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts