Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
It always amazes me on these things when people make their comments about some other car for the same price. Comments below referenced article mention C5 Z06, S2000, Z4, Boxster, 350z, or Miata. Where do these morons come up with this stuff? I suppose if you bought a VERY used model, yes, it could be done, but then you'd have high maintenance and upkeep costs. They are also fond of saying you could get a Fit or Yaris for a little more than the Fortwo, and get the same gas mileage. Morons I tell you, morons. There is absolutely no way I could get any other fully loaded cabrio for the price of my smart, and those other eco cars don't get anywhere near my MPG. Oh, and the transmission, they love to complain about it. It shifts like a manual, not an automatic, so yes it is different. Morons.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a rough week at work.

643 Posts
It always amazes me on these things when people make their comments about some other car for the same price. Comments below referenced article mention C5 Z06, S2000, Z4, Boxster, 350z, or Miata. Where do these morons come up with this stuff? I suppose if you bought a VERY used model, yes, it could be done, but then you'd have high maintenance and upkeep costs. They are also fond of saying you could get a Fit or Yaris for a little more than the Fortwo, and get the same gas mileage. Morons I tell you, morons. There is absolutely no way I could get any other fully loaded cabrio for the price of my smart, and those other eco cars don't get anywhere near my MPG. Oh, and the transmission, they love to complain about it. It shifts like a manual, not an automatic, so yes it is different. Morons.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a rough week at work.
Well, if I were to describe them I'd probably call them "Boneheads." :D

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I thought we agreed we were not going to be giving Jalopnik the hits to help them sell advertising space anymore

But I do recall many folks complaining about this problem on SCOA
Modestly successful in the tight confines of Europe's major cities, the Smart has not sold in significant numbers here in the States, where H2s try and dry hump them at traffic lights.

·
17,380 Posts
I thought we agreed we were not going to be giving Jalopnik the hits to help them sell advertising space anymore

But I do recall many folks complaining about this problem on SCOA
While this article did have some small smart bashing in it...They told you to buy an illegal smart over a more sensible Miata...

But I like the roadster more than the Miata, it has character, it's not all perfect like the Miata...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Do you all need humor deprivation therapy? The article was hilarious. Don't be a grump and stop reading after the first paragraph.

geosynch

·
17,380 Posts
Do you all need humor deprivation therapy? The article was hilarious. Don't be a grump and stop reading after the first paragraph.

geosynch
No, it's hilarious!

And they're right...Life without risk is BORING!

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, it's hilarious!

And they're right...Life without risk is BORING!
With all the space I save in my garage, thanks to having a Smart car, I'm able to park two Suzuki Bandits in front of the Smart. There's even enough room next to the bikes at the end of the garage for a workbench and a large storage closet.

When I get bored, I just take out one of the Bandits and find a new Corvette to run against. The newer Bandit is a 1255cc torque monster, good for 170 mph, 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, and it runs on regular gas. Insurance is $100. The Smart is handy for lugging motorcycle wheels to the shop for fresh bike tires. For some strange reason, tires, chains and sprockets don't last long on the bikes.

For me, I love Smarts, aside from their space-saving quality, because they present the challenge to make them perform well.

My last hot-rod was a Chevy G-20 work Van (one of those ubiquitous white vans everyone is afraid of. Just let your imagination run riot).

I'm willing to bet that critics of the Smart never saw a "Smartuki" perform on YouTube.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts