Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I weigh about 180-200LB. and I was wondering, would my Smart have trouble going up fairly steep Hills? (1 in my area)

And say I was to carry another 200LB passenger, then What?

I just want to know the Smart's limits, none of my friends weigh 200

·
Super Moderator
17,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, can't wait to get my reservation!

·
Registered
91 Posts
JUST LEAN FORWARD WHEN GOING UP A STEEP HILL.
I WEIGH 110 LBS AND THINK IT HELPS, ESPECIALLY AROUND SAN FRANCISCO'S STEEP HILLS. (ask anyone who went to the Lombard Rally)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I live in the Springfield , MA area there is a hill here that the Springfield built Rolls Royce Chassis got tested on. Long steep, can stop the smart anywhere on it step on the gas and go up the hill. There have been some reports here of folks having problems, haven't had any problems with it. Then I do wait for my passenger to buckle up before I do. No problem.
karl

·
Registered
786 Posts
I live in North Central Indiana and I weigh 200 pounds, no difficulty going up the steepest hills in my area. IT IS A JOKE PEOPLE, North Central Indiana is as flat as a floor. Thank you, I am in town all week, dont forget to tip your wait staff

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,113 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 280 pounds and my wife is about 140 and we drive in the hills of West Virginia. I climb some fairly steep hills that require 2nd gear on portions. I haven't had any problems stopping and taking off on hills. However, you do have to be cognizant of the hill holder feature. When you let your foot off the brake, it continues holding the brake for about a second to give you time to get your foot on the gas without the car rolling backwards. If you try to do it very quickly, you may be fighting the hill holder momentarily which can make for an awkward start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts