Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, today I hit a large rock while driving. The impact caused damage and the plastic that covers the bottom of the car is broken. As you can tell I don't know much about cars lol. I drive a smart fortwo 2014. I am planning to get it check out this week but I would like to get an idea of how much they should charge me so I don't get taken advantage of. Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
No one this forum, can estimate your damage. From your photos. Only a alignment shop, can inform you, the damage.

good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I just wanted to have an idea of how much replacement parts usually go for but thank you

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
When placed on a lift a good, trustworthy mechanic will tell you if it’s just the plastic cover or if something else has been damaged. Hopefully just the cover.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I spent 350 big ones at an MB shop whence 4 wheelin' with Ekaterina. I told the service manager I drove off of a curve in a snow covered parking lot. The mechanics got a good laugh when the BlackBerry brambles fell out!

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a break on the side. I cleaned it real good with alcohol and duct taped with a dark green tape. So far so good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts