Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, today I hit a large rock while driving. The impact caused damage and the plastic that covers the bottom of the car is broken. As you can tell I don't know much about cars lol. I drive a smart fortwo 2014. I am planning to get it check out this week but I would like to get an idea of how much they should charge me so I don't get taken advantage of. Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
No one this forum, can estimate your damage. From your photos. Only a alignment shop, can inform you, the damage.

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I just wanted to have an idea of how much replacement parts usually go for but thank you

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
When placed on a lift a good, trustworthy mechanic will tell you if it’s just the plastic cover or if something else has been damaged. Hopefully just the cover.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I spent 350 big ones at an MB shop whence 4 wheelin' with Ekaterina. I told the service manager I drove off of a curve in a snow covered parking lot. The mechanics got a good laugh when the BlackBerry brambles fell out!

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a break on the side. I cleaned it real good with alcohol and duct taped with a dark green tape. So far so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drill a few holes and use a few zip-ties and it's fixed. It's just a plastic panel.....
Any stay away from those bowling ball size boulders.
Yes, zip ties. I crack my part way down the middle. I'm still pushing my 2012 with 110,000 miles. Just remember ask to only replace the tray. They could try making up needed repairs and maintenance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go get some.low grade 1/16 aluminum sheet, cut to full size of underside, bolt in place of your plastic. Shed about 8lbs, and reduces drag (zipties increase drag 😉)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts