Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have bought a used smart forfour 451( 2015 model), since I have changed the battery alarm keeps goes off almost every day for no reason, that why I have decided to mute the alarm system and just use bonnet hood lock instead, after a few search finally I fount out how to open hood latch lock cover!
but once I opened it I realized that there is no lock under the cover,
tried to buy one online but no chance! I don't know what to do!
This car was too frustrating for me so far!
I will appreciate you guys if you can give any hint to solve these problems

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You may have to try the European smart community. The forfour was never imported into the U.S. Finding parts here for a car that was not imported would be extremely rare.
But welcome to forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have to try the European smart community. The forfour was never imported into the U.S. Finding parts here for a car that was not imported would be extremely rare.
But welcome to forum.
Thanks for the reply Joe, it seems that the smart car is more popular in the US more than in Europe! many comments and discussions! I think there fortwo and forfour are similar in the case of the front hood 😊

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Do you have a picture of the Good hood pin?
2 pins lock the hood down.
Here are mine

20210424_185134_Film1.jpg

I don't think it's more popular here.
The sale of Smart cars in Europe fluctuated over this period, peaking at about 114,616 units sold in 2019. This was a significant increase on the 98,966 vehicles sold the previous year.
Mar 4, 2021
Zero new smarts sold in the US. 2019 smarts (other than new old stock) In the US smarts were novelty cars like oh look at the cute little car, nothing serious.
As a matter of fact, I think that there are only 10 or less M-B smart service centers that can order parts,
in the whole United States.
Good luck
20210425_090958.jpg

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,743 Posts
If you have a 2015 For Four, then you must have a 453, not a 451. The four door sedan (454 and 453) were never offered in North America. The hood latch for the two door/hatch and the four door/hatch should be the same. Some of our 453 owners should be able to help you with the hood latch problem. I have a 451, so I can't say for sure, but I think the 453 had a lock on the hood latch. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have a 2015 For Four, then you must have a 453, not a 451. The four door sedan (454 and 453) were never offered in North America. The hood latch for the two door/hatch and the four door/hatch should be the same. Some of our 453 owners should be able to help you with the hood latch problem. I have a 451, so I can't say for sure, but I think the 453 had a lock on the hood latch. Good luck.
thanks for your reply ,you might be right i dont know why its written 451 on documents , i have place for lock on the hood hatch but actual lock is missing and i dont know where to buy on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought one on Amazon

thanks for your reply, basically i want a lock to be locked from outside , something like in the picture

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Here in the States the 453 had locking latches, only a few thousand if that were sold here. Tens of thousands were sold in Europe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking at your photo, you have a 453. That is easily determined by the shape of the headlight and grille.
Looking at your photo, you have a 453. That is easily determined by the shape of the headlight and grille.
thanks for your reply bud that picture is the one I got from net, mine is the one with the missing lock:D u can see it in the picture below

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 453 in its official paperwork (the vehicle logbook in the UK) is mentioned as a 451, a lot of people question that on car forums, but yes its a 453. The lock on the hood on the 453 is only on the RHS of the hood looking front on. It hides behind a plastic cover that is removable. You use your car key to lock and unlock it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 453 in its official paperwork (the vehicle logbook in the UK) is mentioned as a 451, a lot of people question that on car forums, but yes its a 453. The lock on the hood on the 453 is only on the RHS of the hood looking front on. It hides behind a plastic cover that is removable. You use your car key to lock and unlock it.
Hi, thanks for the reply! good to know that I was always confused about the car forums, but hopefully I know now . The thing is that I did what you said but the lock is missing,I have tried online to purchase one but I couldn't find any, that why I asked people here if they bought one before. in the picture missing lock is showed below

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is the part number for the cylinder lock part, A4537607700, though I do wonder if you need a specific key for a specific cylinder lock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for your reply bud, I am just wondering if that part 200 will grip to the bonnet on its own or need other parts as well, I have looked at the bonnet and it seems that the bonnet is 15 cm higher from the lock (part200)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts