Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the horn accessible enough to be able to disconnect the wires, without having to take the front end off, so I can install a GOOD American horn and get rid of the cheap horns Germany and Japan use (why I'll never know).

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I put in my first Wolo without removing anything other than the service flap but it was a very tight fit and my hands were pretty scraped and cut by the time I was finished. Years later when that horn died, I used the wheel well approach and it was much easier. (Taking off the front clip give the best access and isn't particularly difficulty, but it does take longer. )
Here is some more information that might help you.(I have not used this approach.)

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f369/easy-head-light-pod-removal-horn-access-41657/

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I used the original horn wire to trigger the relay that came with the $14.95 air horn duo from Harbor Freight. They aren't the loudest horns but they are better than the factory motorcycle horn that comes on cars these days. Had I had more room under the flap I might have gotten more sound out of them by not mounting the sound end so close to an object.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts