Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a suggestion for the smarties in the Houston area for when it cools off some, and I'd be more than happy to organize it if need be.

How about the Saint Arnold Brewery one Saturday. The brewery is in near Northwest Houston, off Highway 290 near 34th/Antoine. They have "tours" every Saturday at 1:30, (I believe it is now days.) The tour costs $5, and includes a souvenier glass and four refills of any of their beers. If you are already a Saint Arnold drinker, you may use 10 six-pack carriers to pay for admission. Worst case scenario, I have hundreds of six-pack carriers to donate!

The brewery recently purchased the old HISD food service building near downtown, and will hopefully be moving in there later this year after a three-million-dollar renovation, but in the meantime, it's still tons of fun at the old original building!

Saint Arnold Brewing Company

CORRECTION! The brewery tour is at 1:00 now! http://www.saintarnold.com/tours/

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beer ? Not too far from my house ?

I'm 100% Irish, I think I would disowned if I said no !! :D
There we go! And as we have concluded, you and I, there are at least five of us here in this neighborhood, so we shan't be drinking alone!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If this works for y'all, then maybe next up would be a joint Austin/Houstin meet at the Shiner brewery. I think it's about equal distances from both cities, and at least coming from Austin, it's a *lovely* drive.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending on the date but sounds like fun. Bellaire,TX
I grew up in Bellaire, when it was still a tiny little town!

Word back from the owner of the brewery is that they are aiming to move the brewery tours beginning the first of October. SOOOO... if we were to arrange a get-together in September, it will still be off 290, but if we go a little later, it will be near downtown.

Give some ideas as to when you guys would like to do something!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds great! I'm in. Love that St Arnold's cask-conditioned ale!

Dora, I saw that you are also a member in the Houston club on SmartUSAInsider. Why don't you post your suggestion there also? We did a caravan trip to Galveston earlier this month and we had a great time. We are always trying to come up with new ideas. We have been talking of going to Brenham and doing a winery tour and/or a tour of BlueBell Ice Creamery. I'd like to get a weekend trip to San Antonio in the fall; it would be nice to meet the central Texas group if they want to join us.

Hope you'll join us at the Meet and Greet at Chuy's on Sept. 27. We'd love to meet you and your Smart!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all! I have Houston smart car Club up and running on SCOA FINALLY!.

We are meeting at Chuy's in Humble on 9/27/09 at 1:00PM. Join the club and join the fun!

Dora: Pick a day and time for the beer tour! Post it on Houston smart car Club. "Build it and they will come."

·
Registered
76 Posts
Houston smart car Club!!!!!

Houston smart car Club[/B] is up and running now. Find us under QUICK LINKS / SOCIAL GROUPS!

We have over 60 members on smartusainsider dot com. Let's build this site up, too!

First meet - Chuy's in Humble 09-27-09 at 1:pM. See our group page for all the fun details!
Hugs!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My birthday is Saturday, October 3. I had earlier suggested a trip to the Saint Arnold Brewery here in Houston. I'm thinking that there's few things I'd rather do for my birthday than:
1. Drink Saint Arnold!
2. Hang out with smart owners!

I can contact Brock Wagner, owner of St.A, to see if they will have moved from the Spring Branch location to the HISD food service building off of Lyons Ave. near downtown. He told me a while back they were aiming for Oct 1 as the move date, but I've not communicated since. The admission is $5, which includes a glass and three refills, or in place of the cash, you can bring 10 six pack carriers, of which I have hundreds to spare, so the admission isn't an issue! Be sure to bring a sandwich or pizza or chips to coat the old tummy!
http://www.saintarnold.com/tours/">http://www.saintarnold.com/tours

Jan, Mud Pie, Mr. Bean, etc, any takers?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beer ?

I'm in !!

I have to check with SWMBO to see if she wants to go.....
LMAO! Go anyway, my treat!

I emailed Jan, and I'd hope that we can get a few others! The weather should be do-able (mid 80's) and the beers cold! I have sixpack carriers out the you know what to donate for admission (not something I should brag on!)

I saw a red/silver 2009 at 1960/249 on Saturday. Have no idea who it is.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Come on H-town!!

Let's meet at the brewery! Free hand-craft beer, other smart owners, wuffo's (Wuffo you wanna drive dat iddy biddy car?) Saturday Oct 3, I suggest meeting by 12:30 to get our cars grouped together before the crowds arrive. Bring a sandwich; they don't have food, just free beer!

I have plenty of spare six-pack carriers which can be used to pay the admission, so don't sweat the $5!!

Saint Arnold: Brewery Tours

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, I'm out. My wife is working the Susan G. Komen breast cancer walk on Saturday, as she has for the past few years.

I would be hard pressed to convince her to instead go to a beer factory...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, sadly basically everyone seems to have declined this date. Perhaps it was too close to the previous gathering, but I guess I'll try again in the near future and do something else for my birthday!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love to do it, although, I don't give out my age unless in person. I'm not legally allowed to drink. I never will. But it does sound fun to get together with some smart owner, I'm one of the younger ones.

from League City, TX

Sincerely,
smartCarBaller

1 - 20 of 21 Posts