Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if its just hype or not but i'm getting my smart in the garage for this. I've never been in a hurricane like what they're talking about so i'm curious to see how it all pans out.

What are you doing to protect your smart? leaving it out to let it fair the weather, or covering it up/garage?

I found a pretty funny smart situation today which is why I ask the question. It was tied down to the grass infront of a tent rental place near my house. I guess this is what they're doing to protect it for the storm.

·
17,390 Posts
I think they should put it in that truck and park it on high ground, or just park the smart on high ground...Still looks like it could be washed away. :(

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine is in the garage. Hurricanes should not be underestimated. I keep reading people posting how this is being overhyped, etc, etc. I've lived through quite a number of hurricanes and they can be very destructive. While one should not panic, one should prepare and not underestimate this force of nature.

·
17,390 Posts
Yeah, I don't think 1,808lb car tied to the ground is not going to fare too well. They still have to worry about flying objects and water. :(

I'd advise them to hide it on high ground or find a garage.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Always keep mine in the garage, but now i have added patio furniture, and gas grill. I have got everything put away even put concrete blocks in my trash cans. It looks like my house is vacant with all of the outdoor furniture put away.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I just checked the radar, looks like North Carolina is getting hammered right now. Feel sorry for the folks in it's path...:(
Yea, it's going to be a tough ride.

My son and his family are in VA on the middle peninsula and they are predicting 85 mph and a foot of rain :eek:

Not as bad as the poor folks in NC ........ positive energy to them :angel:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Smart is tucked away in the garage with a full tank of gas. Hoping to ride it out inside. My little car helped me carry everything I needed to prep including the following: portable generators, cases of water, groceries, gas tank.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
We did get a lot of rain and wind but my little car does not seem affected by it. Since I live in an apartment complex, there isn't any place to park my Smart but in the parking lot and hope for the best. I am glad nothing happened to it. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts