Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a large dead bug stuck inside one of my front headlamps. I have no idea how it got in there, and all I am trying to do is get the plastic off to remove the carcass. But, I cannot figure out how to get just the plastic cover off, as opposed to removing the entire headlamp. You see, for the bug to be stuck dead inside, it seems to me that he had to get in there in the first place before he died. But, I simply can't figure out how to separate the plastic lens from the headlamp body to get the bug out. This is driving me batty. Any help? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Ditto, with a shop vacuum. Wonder how the moth, got in there, in the first place. If the bug seems stuck. Try taking a can of compressed air, to shoot it out of the position. Then suck it out with the vacuum.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The frog didn't get it for you? :LOL:
It would seem you have an opening in the assembly. What model is this?
Shop vac might work, but I would try compessed air to blow it out. If you don't get lucky there, I am guessing you will need to remove the headlight assembly and shake out the bugs and the dead frog through one of the bulb openings. :p
Easy enough on a 451, but that doesn't look like a 451.

Once you have it off, you should be able to see how it got in. The housing might have a hole in it, but my first guess would be that one of the lights came unplugged and they crawled in through the hole and couldn't find their way back out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts