Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looks cool but are you that guy. Or does the smart have enough Mercedes DNA. to do it.. FYI. I'm not one of those guys who put an M5 badge on a 528i..

Anyone have a pic of the rear de badged 453 model. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get a hard time from friends for the Mercedes keychain I was given with my smart from the dealer... Not sure I want to deal with that at a more public scale... It's a Mercedes product but it is a smart car. That would be like putting Lexus badges on your Toyota or Acura badges on your Honda...

First thing I did was take the Mercedes keychain off..lol.

Good point..if it was badged in Europe as a Mercedes I would probably lean toward yes. Right now I'm neutral. Already asked my bros they laughed at me..

I've seen Acura's badged as Hondas because they sell them as Hondas in Japan..that's ok to me. Anyway thanks for your input..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion, it actually looks good on the front of the 453. However, it is not my style to put extra badges on cars.

Just do what makes you happy. It is your car.

I've never done it either. I usually delete
like I di here

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yea... i kinda prefer the Smart badge over the Mercedes one on the front. As for debadging.... never been a fan. Taking off crappy little sticker-style dealership branding/badges, yea. But taking off the actual CAR badges just never looked right to me.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,708 Posts
So, would you put a Corvette badge on a Chevy?

There are lot's of properly badged sometimes stodgy M-B's out there. smart on the other hand is a low volume, rear engined, RWD "exotic" (displayed at the Museum of Modern Art) sold and serviced by a few select dealers.

It is what it is, smart. Long live the chicken head...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Final decision.. After spending the night with my new favorite thing...

I love smart more than Benz!

·
Registered
847 Posts
MB DNA;1292009 [B said:
So, would you put a Corvette badge on a Chevy?[/B]

There are lot's of properly badged sometimes stodgy M-B's out there. smart on the other hand is a low volume, rear engined, RWD "exotic" (displayed at the Museum of Modern Art) sold and serviced by a few select dealers.

It is what it is, smart. Long live the chicken head...
'So, would you put a Corvette badge on a Chevy?'
You could rightly put a GM badge on a Corvette, Cadillac, Buick after all the parent corp is GM. You could put a FORD badge on any Lincoln and be absolutely correct, as Ford is the owner and manufacturer of Lincoln automobiles.

If GM can slap a Cadillac badge on a Chevrolet Suburban and call it a Cadillac.
I darn sure can do the same.

All chicken heads have been cut off.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
I going to put a smart emblem on Maybach S-Class. Better yet, a AMG GT. Look at me I'm driving a luxury, high performance smart car.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
...since the introduction of the smartcar in '08 by Penske Autogroup this question has been asked many times.....and many times I've always bitten my tongue...
...but...if I had to put it in one word I'll have to say MORONIC.....

Jetfuel....now...where's that Porsche emblem for my VW Thing....

·
Registered
847 Posts
...since the introduction of the smartcar in '08 by Penske Autogroup this question has been asked many times.....and many times I've always bitten my tongue...
...but...if I had to put it in one word I'll have to say MORONIC.....

Jetfuel....now...where's that Porsche emblem for my VW Thing....
Did Penske autogroup own any part of smart?
Now that said, you could put a VW emblem on a Porsche or even a Bentley and be correct, as VW owns Rolls and Porsche.

The manufactures tag inside the door is printed MFD BY DAIMLER AG. I can't find smart anywhere on that tag. My title has Mercedes/smart on it.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
....the hair dryer special doesn't have a chicken head in front or a smart on the rear...
....de-badging is OK...re-badging....please .....

Jetfuel...heck...don't even have a hair dryer badge...:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts