Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to change out radio #9, Need help on how to remove it. Also if there is a vender that sales the bezel for the SMART!! THANKS FOR WHAT HELP ANYONE CAN POST pinball:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
You need to carefully pry or pull the piece under the radio that has the heated seat and lock buttons out. Under this is a screw that needs to be removed. Then just reach up on top of the dash where the edge of the plastic piece that surrounds the radio and all the heater controlls begins and pull. You should easily be able to pull or gently pry the entire piece off. Behind it are the screws holding the radio in. I had to remove my radio to find the end of the plug to install my guage pods. It is very easy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Use a magnetic retrieval tool when you are removing the Torx 25 screw behind the switch panel. If not, it WILL fall off the screwdriver and down (way down) into the dash!

The radio is held in with (4) more Torx 25 screws.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Radio bezel kit for sale here

Going to change out radio #9, Need help on how to remove it. Also if there is a vender that sales the bezel for the SMART!! THANKS FOR WHAT HELP ANYONE CAN POST pinball:confused:
I have extra dash kits and will sell you one at my cost if you need one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts