Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that my smart center dealership will only be about 30 miles a way but how far do many of you plan on having to drive of commute to pick your smart fortwo up?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Middle of Nowhere, CO

215 miles to either Denver or Albuquerque (Albuquerque is a nicer drive, but I've been assigned to the Denver dealer)

If that seems a long drive, consider my options for other brands:

John Deere - 1 mile
Big Three - 17 miles
Toyota - 140 miles
MINI - 215 miles

(incidently there are several folks in town here who drive MINIs)

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
215 miles to either Denver or Albuquerque (Albuquerque is a nicer drive, but I've been assigned to the Denver dealer)

If that seems a long drive, consider my options for other brands:

John Deere - 1 mile
Big Three - 17 miles
Toyota - 140 miles
MINI - 215 miles

(incidently there are several folks in town here who drive MINIs)
John Deere 10
Big Three and Toy 5
MINI 36

Alot closer to anything here, but I'd rather be there. I used to live in Evergreen and slog through Glenwood Canyon (before the 4 lane) to Grand Junction every week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
220 miles to Albuquerque, but at least there is a dealer there. It was a few years after the Mini came out before there was an Albuquerque dealer. In `03 I had to go 400 miles to Arlington ,TX for one.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well, so far, I've got all of you beat. I live close to Little Rock, Arkansas and the road tour hasn't even come by here yet. The closest to me will be probably Tulsa, OK which I'm planning on going to test drive one on Oct. 13th. The other closest location is Dallas, TX. I have relatives that live in Tulsa, so I will be going there probably. I don't even know for sure if there will be a dealer in Tulsa (or Dallas for that matter) but I hope so. That is approx. 300 miles for me. Guess I want one pretty bad.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Catena Mercedes of Edison NJ which will be my Smartcar dealer is about 1/4 mile from my office- walking distance! So I feel extremely fortunate.

The funny thing is I was told by the salesmanager that Catena will be providing loaners for service and repairs just like they do on their Mercedes cars. They would not say though if the loaners would be Smartcars!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
It was about 500 miles when I picked my up in March 2006 (Kirkland, WA).

The new 2008 dealer will be closer, at about 340 miles (Salt Lake City, UT).

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Billc

I am 32 miles to my dealership which I just came back from. I test drove the convertible and I want one asap. They told me that they have orders for 156 of the 300 for their dealership. I hope I am one of them. I signed up May 13th. I love it.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I am 32 miles to my dealership which I just came back from. I test drove the convertible and I want one asap. They told me that they have orders for 156 of the 300 for their dealership. I hope I am one of them. I signed up May 13th. I love it.

The Germantown dealership also said they were getting 300 for their dealership next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts