Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was wanting to get a feel on how long it was for most of you from the time you reserved to the time you got a confirmation email locking in all your build information.

Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
About 7 months from reservation to confirmation and about 6 more months to delivery. Slow, but worth the wait. Dave

·
Registered
382 Posts
I reserved Nov 5, Confirmed Apr 21, and, currently, my DDE is Jul 14-Oct 12. This is for a Philly delivery.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
i reserved this past March. my guess, based on what i've seen on this forum, is that i'll get to configure around the end of the year or possibly January 2009.

my DDE currently says "Aug-Oct 2009", so that would make it 9-10 months from 'reservation' to 'configuration' and then an additional 9-10 months from 'configuration' to 'delivery'.

:(......damn it, now i'm depressed again! :(

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
i reserved this past March. my guess, based on what i've seen on this forum, is that i'll get to configure around the end of the year or possibly January 2009.

my DDE currently says "Aug-Oct 2009", so that would make it 9-10 months from 'reservation' to 'configuration' and then an additional 9-10 months from 'configuration' to 'delivery'.

:(......damn it, now i'm depressed again! :(

Just take your meds Jeepster :rofl::rofl:

:RS-c.grs.zw::smartje:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
DDE is on the smartusa homepage, click the link in the bottom left, Delivery Date Estimator.

recent reports have indicated that the DDE may not display any results if your delivery is more than 18 months way as there would be practically no point in estimating that far out to begin with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I reserved two months ago and mine just appeared at 10/09 to 12/09. So how does someone that reserved last week get a 11/08 to 1/09????

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I reserved two months ago and mine just appeared at 10/09 to 12/09. So how does someone that reserved last week get a 11/08 to 1/09????

how low is your country....maybe they're afraid to deliver there?

A more serious answer to your question IS location. Depends where you live, evidentally as ominous as low country sounds - there must be a lot of orders in your area (or as my first comment was -maybe you're in the middle of nowhere?!)

·
Registered
295 Posts

:( I also reserved 2 months ago and my DDE is also 10/09-12/09 and I am in Southern California.
What is so special about Long Island, NY :confused:

smartiePrincess :smartje.rd.zw:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I reserved in Spetember 2007, and currently show a DDE of Dec 08 to Feb 09. Dates keep changing though, so I'll have to wait to see what it is in the end. Too long, but what are you going to do. Just glad I am not desperate for a new car at the moment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I reserved this Monday (6/9/08) and got my DDE immediately OCT09-DEC09. Today (6/13/08) it already moved up a month SEPT09-OCT09. If moves up a month every 4 days I may be okay (not holding my breadth). But maybe they are speeding up production.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I reserved this Monday (6/9/08) and got my DDE immediately OCT09-DEC09. Today (6/13/08) it already moved up a month SEPT09-OCT09. If moves up a month every 4 days I may be okay (not holding my breadth). But maybe they are speeding up production.
Lucky You! :woohoo: Who is your dealer?

smartiePrincess :smartje.rd.zw:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I reserved Jan 23 , 08. My DDE is August 09 to Oct 09. I'm from Mulvane, Ks (south of Wichita) and I'm patiently waiting for Tulsa to maybe give me a call on a orphan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello

I was wanting to get a feel on how long it was for most of you from the time you reserved to the time you got a confirmation email locking in all your build information.

Thanks
8 months from reservation to confirmation. 5 additional months to delivery.

Jim

1 - 20 of 91 Posts