Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Too many people got off track on this discussion. The original question was "How long does it take from RESERVATION to CONFIGURATION, not confirmaton or DDE! So how long does it take from reservation to configuration? I reserved Aug 16, 2008, no configuration notice or request has been recieved as of Dec 3, 2008.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
In my case, I reserved May 6, 2007 and got to confirm December 14, 2007. That's 7 months... I understand it's faster these days.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finally!! Just got my config letter today Dec. 23. I reserved June 17th. That makes it right at 6 months from reservation to configuration so I guess that means like most the car will be built and delivered by June 09 just in time for our arrival back in the states.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VERY strange - I just bought an orphan today, and came home to find the configuration email in my inbox. I reserved in June of '08.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Faster than we thought!

When we first reserved our SC (Passion, Rally Red, black trim, black leather seats) we were told it would take 13 to 15 months. We reserved on May 22, 2008 and picked up our car on Feb. 1, 2009 so that was a little over 8 months. We've now had our car for two weeks and we love it! :)

81 - 91 of 91 Posts