Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
It is difficult to tell from your picture and the description of the event just what is happening. I am going to assume the nail hole is in the tire, tread portion or sidewall?

The tread area is stiffened with belts molded into the tire and moves less than the sidewall area. A qualified tire repair person can look at the inside of the tire and recommend if it is repairable or not. sidewall punctures are not repairable and if that is the case your tire is scrap now. Getting yourself killed with it is not very sensible, but is your choice.

·
17,343 Posts
If that nail is actually three inches long and went that far into the tyre...it's most likely toast. :eek:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Tire Monkey won't fix it... They will only fix the center 2/3 rds of the tread width. You will need to plug it your self, and only use it for a Emergency low speed spare tire.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two o'clock Thursday. Boom.

C:eek:rap then Im taking my bike

Tire Monkey won't fix it... They will only fix the center 2/3 rds of the tread width. You will need to plug it your self, and only use it for a Emergency low speed spare tire.

I don't have spare tire :crying:

it's all about trust, and that don't look trustworthy!
I hear ya, will try to get a new tire.

By the way everyone, found a name for my smartie "patches" this is one or 4 make that 5 of few that already has....LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
A qualified tire store can vulcanize a patch from the inside. However, did the
spike puncture the rim to?

Yes thay can vulcanize a patch in the sidewall. But you have to sign a safety waiver.
I have had rips in the side of off road tires fixed and they held fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts