Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I am new to this forum.
How long of a wait will it be if I put in my reservation tomorrow for a Smart fortwo Cabrio? I have herd any where from 2 years to 5 years.
I really hope that's not the case...

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
59 Posts
the official announcement of smartUSA came on June 28th 2006 - so if i have my car by June 2008 i will be right at 2 years, you're probably close in your guess. Best suggestion - don't wait til tomorrow!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
If close to 30,000 reservations have been placed and 20,000 cars per year are delivered starting in early 2008, it will take about a year and 10 months for anyone placing their order today before they get a car from the dealer. Or, you can pay more for a used car and get it much sooner.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Hey there! I am new to this forum.
How long of a wait will it be if I put in my reservation tomorrow for a Smart fortwo Cabrio? I have herd any where from 2 years to 5 years.
I really hope that's not the case...

Thanks, Mitch
My guess is if you reserve now, it might be 15 - 18 months before you would get one, at least with the current status of orders vs projected production.

·
Registered
570 Posts
In reality I think that many of these "reservations" will be cancelled. Where is the risk in putting $100 on a credit card that could easily be recouped when someone decided that they dont have the money when the time comes for the order, or they get bored with waiting. Americans are a finnicky bunch of consumers and I am sure many will find small faults that will stop them from purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts