Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on new side skirts and know that I need new clips in case some break which is what I have read on here that happens when you remove the old ones. The question is how many other places on the car if any use these clips. I'm talking about any other panels that use them. I have never taken off any panel yet but I am about to pull the trigger, so I want to get enough in advance to cover any that break Oh also where can I get a bag of the anchor pins the ones that hold certain panels in place didn't see any in Smart Madness. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
AFAIK, the square clips are only used on the rocker panels. I've had most of my panels off, and the only fasteners you need are the square clips for the rockers, and the plastic "rivets" that hold the others in a few spots.

smart centers are your best bet for the clips, although, I'm sure you could find a suitable substitute at: ClipsandFasteners.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the square clip @ SM and not a bad price, I called to see if the have the plastic rivets and they said no I called the nearest dealership to me in Charlotte and the parts guy I talked to didn't act like he cared at all and I was taking up is time, anyway he said the plastic rivets were are you ready for this $2.00 a piece. I know that someone else has bought these somewhere else for a lot cheaper that that. Help out a frugal person and tell me where I can order them and what size they are. I would like to get a bag full 20-25 maybe. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts