Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
2,048 miles in 3 months. Right below my 833 miles per month to drive less than 30,000 in my 3 year lease. (833x36=29,988)

·
Registered
646 Posts
You are @ 13,200 per year target, that's about 10,000 x $0.25 = $2,500 at the end of your lease.
I can always park it for a couple months, it's an extra car. Plus my son (who does half the driving on it) will be moving out in a year or two.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can always park it for a couple months, it's an extra car. Plus my son (who does half the driving on it) will be moving out in a year or two.
I know, it's very addictive driving this car. My friends always want to drive it, go to lunch with me, my wife wants to go to the market to get some milk. We have to hide the key.:D Even the skeptical want a ride.:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
12,000 miles a year should be the default so you can go 1,000 a month.

The car is just too addictive to drive, you cannot simply commute to work/school, drive back home and call it a day, its just not possible.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm at close to 4K, but I own mine and plan on keeping it through a couple packs. ;)
Wow! good for you. I may buy the next model after my lease ends.
Right now I'm @ $0.28 a mile, including the lease, insurance and $0.00 for charging. Much less than what I paid for the gasoline, maintenance and insurance of my corolla.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm just thinking about how much I'm saving per mile.
ED costs $0.03 / mile ($0.10 / kWh / 3.4mi / kWh)
My truck costs $0.29 / mile
My daily driving hasn't changed much since I got the ED

No lease, I bought mine.

But considering it has not yet been a month since I drove off the lot (23 days)
I'll estimate that my monthly will be about 1000 mi, but actually only 762 mi so far.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm averaging $.01/km which equates to $.016/mile. Our lower rate TOU is $.09/kWh all in.
hot diggity, Marc Hanna that's exceptional. I realize that I could probably get as little as $0.025 / mile but $0.016 / mile would mean that my kWh cost would be closer to $0.05. I don't know of anywhere in California where it's that cheap.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm running 5.5 to 5.6 miles per kWh this time year, but in the summer I was getting a lot better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm running 5.5 to 5.6 miles per kWh this time year, but in the summer I was getting a lot better.
hmm. Maybe I have not yet settled into the proper driving. I'm no hypermiler, but I have gotten as high as 4.2 mi / kWh (6.8 km / kWh). I'm sure I could get up to 5, but I think that would require that I never encounter a hill. Like EdSmarty88, I have to contend with as much as 400 ft of climb multiple times every day.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should be able to recoup quite a bit on the descent though. I make regular trips into Hamilton Ontario which requires me to descent the Niagara escarpment, which is about 700-800 feet. Give it some time, you'll get the hang of it.

Are you hitting 100% on the ECO meter?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts