Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much coolant does the 2008 smart for two passion hold? I will use Evans lifetime coolant in the car and will not ever have to replace the coolant or flush the system ever again.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I converted to Evans about 3 1/2 years ago :)

As jw said, you will need 2 gallons. You will also need 2 gallons of "flush" !

I used the m/c conversion process and made sure that the heater control was turned all the way up to ensure all the water was removed from the heater core.

chief ..... 3+ years at 0 pressure :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi, acefree, could you post after doing the flush and replace with Evans lifetime coolant. I'm interested in doing this. But I
'm unsure of my ability in doing it.

How many people have done the switch to Evans lifetime coolant.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drain your system. I would say find a way to dry the system out as best as possible since with Evans you want absolutely no water. It needs to have less then 3% water in the system ideal to have 0% water in coolant system. Buy the prep fluid which is $33 dollars. run that through then add the Evans coolant which I beleive is 43 dollars. I will have a trusted mechanic friend do it for me.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I plan to use a wet vac first and a small tube to evacuate as much as possible.

(Home Depot offers a "Bucket Head" wet vacuum that fits on one of their orange buckets for twenty bucks plus the cost of the Orange bucket for three something for the bucket, if you need a cheap wet vac).

I will drain the lower radiator hose first and replace the crimp on clamp with a T-Bar clamp which is of a much higher quality and strength than the typical screw clamp. I think I recall an engine being ruined when the screw clamp they used on the lower radiator hose failed,
and they lost all coolant. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts