Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend selling a 2007 European model Smart for Two cabriolet. It only has 2400 miles on it and my friend recently replaced the convertible top. Mercedes will not service it in Hawaii, but there is an excellent service person here who has taken care of the car for her.

My friend has no idea how much the car is worth and I can't fine any information on how much it would/should be worth. Anyone have any idea?

Car's in great shape, has A/C and a CD player. I don't know if the Smart comes with these features?

Thanks for any help and direction on this.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, a 2008 in that condition would probably fetch 11k. However, a 2007 and 2008 are two COMPLETELY different animals service/repair wise.

Since both are out of warranty, as long as you can find someone to do regular maintenance and small repairs (as long as you can get parts), I would say the price shouldn't take THAT much of a hit. A convertible in that kind of shape is going to be expensive no matter what car it is, especially if the top was recently replaced.

If I were buying it, I think 7-8K would be my limit before considering a 2008 model in the same condition.

That's just my opinion. I own a 2010 convertible smart.

·
Registered
218 Posts
"2007 European model Smart for Two"

Gray market? could be subject to impound. (If it doesn't have the proper import paperwork and the fees haven't been paid) it's not worth a dime, oh... and that other pesky item, of no one wants to work on it (" Mercedes will not service it") is not really a big selling point.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have a 2007 Passion 450, bought new, here in Mexico. However, the computer does identify it as a 2006, the year it was manufactured, even though I took delivery from the showroom floor in 2007.
As for the one for sale in Hawaii: Was it legally imported to the USA and does it have a Hawaiian title. If not, run away! Someone may have brought it in by boat and used it in Hawaii, which is easy to do and also legal. However, they can't legally sell such a car without US importation, requiring modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts