Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in the dealer yesterday to get a replacement latch for the rear of my smart, the stupid lever broke! Of course they didn't have one on hand, and we talked a bit about them. I mentioned it always seems like the pass side one breaks, He said they had replaced 2 last week and they were both pass side ones too. I told him they should keep one or two on hand, and he thought that might be a good idea.... and then I got hit with the price... $67!! they used to be around $45! I guess these cars are becoming classic cars being almost 10 years old.

almost as much as paint for the front end.......:shrug:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You may want to try an on-line smart car parts vendor to see if can acquire the part at a friendlier price. Try Genuine-MB-Sprinter-Smart-Parts Ebay Store. This is Penske Smart West Covina ' s ebay store.

When you mention classic car prices, I have noticed that there are two muscle car/special interest used car dealers that have used smart cars on their lots. They are acquiring dealer trade-in ' s at friendly prices & reselling them at 100% profit.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fault for trying to support the local dealer....I didn't think I was going to pay his whole months rent on one part....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts