Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2002 450 with the 599cc engine. It was imported in 2004 from Germany and never had any modifications done to it. My girlfriend drove it 650 miles home. It got 51 and 52.5mpg driving about 70-75mph. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how many cars like this made to the USA? Thank you, Dale

·
Registered
946 Posts
There's one sitting on a lot just to the north of where I live, with a "For Sale by Owner" sign on it. It's been there for a couple of months.

I imagine the interest levels of any potential buyers drops below zero once they get a look at the snazzy interior...

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
There's one sitting on a lot just to the north of where I live, with a "For Sale by Owner" sign on it. It's been there for a couple of months.

I imagine the interest levels of any potential buyers drops below zero once they get a look at the snazzy interior...
I like my snazzy interior......what'chu trying to say?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The one by your house is a 2005 with a 698cc motor (black and silver)!! I was asking about ones with a 599cc

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I've driven one of the 599cc fortwo, it was slower than a US 451, do not mind the blue interior in the almond light version, the later blue interior is not attractive in the least.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I don't think there are many -- it's a charcoal-gray/black market car. AFAIK, none were ever approved for import (you can go to the .gov site and check, but last time I looked there weren't any pre 2004's on the list); so, it's hard telling how they actually made it in-country as it wouldn't have been through official channels. My guess is less than a dozen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts