Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Interstate batteries, Duralast, Diehard, etc. They are expensive, the battery need to be one, that vented to the outside.

I don’t know what year car you own. Here are some batteries, from Rock Auto......

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a cheap set of booster cable in my tailgate compartment. I also hooked up a battery tender connection just in case I want to tickle the juice. The real problem is the surgury required to replace said battery!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a cheap set of booster cable in my tailgate compartment. I also hooked up a battery tender connection just in case I want to tickle the juice. The real problem is the surgury required to replace said battery!
The trick to removing & replacing the battery is that you have to tilt the back end of the battery up to get it in and out of the battery box.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That makes sense... ...with the windshield cowling bracket to wrestle with, sometimes you have to back up and crack an Old Milwaukee to get a new perspective!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed that AAA was having a $25 off battery delivery and installation deal so I set up an appointment. They asked for my car make, model, year and engine size. I called to reiterate that the battery needed to be vented to the outside and that it was in the passenger footwell. They guy that arrived said he had the right battery - AAA brand and installed it quickly. I am glad to have a car that will start immediately! I also purchased the trickle charger for future needs. Thanks for your help!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts