Smart Car of America Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Interstate batteries, Duralast, Diehard, etc. They are expensive, the battery need to be one, that vented to the outside.

I don’t know what year car you own. Here are some batteries, from Rock Auto......

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a cheap set of booster cable in my tailgate compartment. I also hooked up a battery tender connection just in case I want to tickle the juice. The real problem is the surgury required to replace said battery!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a cheap set of booster cable in my tailgate compartment. I also hooked up a battery tender connection just in case I want to tickle the juice. The real problem is the surgury required to replace said battery!
The trick to removing & replacing the battery is that you have to tilt the back end of the battery up to get it in and out of the battery box.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That makes sense... ...with the windshield cowling bracket to wrestle with, sometimes you have to back up and crack an Old Milwaukee to get a new perspective!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed that AAA was having a $25 off battery delivery and installation deal so I set up an appointment. They asked for my car make, model, year and engine size. I called to reiterate that the battery needed to be vented to the outside and that it was in the passenger footwell. They guy that arrived said he had the right battery - AAA brand and installed it quickly. I am glad to have a car that will start immediately! I also purchased the trickle charger for future needs. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try a jump start, then take it for a short run. Get it back home and shut it off and see if it will re-start. If it does, you may be ok. Use a battery charger or maintainer to bring it to a full charge and try it again. shareit vidmate apk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That makes sense... ...with the windshield cowling bracket to wrestle with, sometimes you have to back up and crack an Old Milwaukee to get a new perspective!
Or you can do what many have done when frustrated while trying to remove the resonator intake box use a Sawzall instead of patience :rolleyes: LOL

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Preferred method of jump starting any car these days. I have one of these Diehard units, in all our cars. No bulky jumper cables to car around. Not depended on another car, for a jump. Flash light, USB port, for emergency phone charge.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Very nice! How expensive? Does it take long to recharge the jump box?
They are about 60-70 bucks. It doesn’t take long to charge it up. Same as the cell phone. I just jumpstarted my Fiat 500 with mine. Battery was dead, as a door nail. The little unit, is a life saver. You don’t need another car.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
325 Posts
Most of my drivers carry some form of Jump Box, for when the customers car is in a garage or beyond the reach of our cables. They can be quite effective, but you need to keep them charged up for best performance. The smaller ones are good for one or two jumps, then they are spent (just need to recharge). I keep one under my desk here in the office too.

Just my $.02.
Jim

[I run a tow company, by the way.]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most of my drivers carry some form of Jump Box, for when the customers car is in a garage or beyond the reach of our cables. They can be quite effective, but you need to keep them charged up for best performance. The smaller ones are good for one or two jumps, then they are spent (just need to recharge). I keep one under my desk here in the office too.

Just my $.02.
Jim

[I run a tow company, by the way.]
What is a "jump box"? Which brand and model do you recommend?

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
325 Posts
What is a "jump box"? Which brand and model do you recommend?
A Jump Box is a generic term for a portable 12v battery. There are several out there, and I'm cautious to recommend anything in particular. Some are simple, some have lights, or tire compressors, or charging ports, etc. Any one of them would be adequate for the smart.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts